Friday, May 4, 2012

Photo A Day - May 4th and PIZZA

PIZZZZZZA! Don't lie, you love it too! But when you trying to eat healthy its hard to waste six hundred plus calories on two pieces of pizza. So here is my family's pizza recipe. When we have time we make our own crust but to keep this simple we just bought pre-made crust from the store! This is my first time sharing a recipe so bare with me please!


Kiwi Fit Blog Family Recipe Pizza


Ingredients


Pre-made wheat crust (the brand I found was 120 cal for 1/6 of the crust)
1 can of tomato sauce
1/2 a sm. can of tomato paste
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 cup of onion cut small
2 cups chopped of broccoli heads
2 cups of chopped mushrooms
4 tbsp of green olives
Canadian Bacon chopped (the brand I found was 80 cal for 22 slices, so I used 11 and chopped them up so 40 cal total)
3/4 a cup of Mozzarella shredded
1/4 a cup of Feta


For the sauce: Combine the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and garlic in a bowl and mix. I also add garlic pepper and Italian herbs, but feel free to season how ever you would like.


Preheat the oven to 425 F.


Place your crust (720 cal) on a pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Add one cup of the sauce (90 cal) and spread evenly around the crust. Sprinkle the pizza with the chopped onion (32 cal), chopped broccoli (54 cal), chopped mushroom (30 cal), sliced green olives (40 cal), and the chopped Canadian bacon (40 cal).


Top with mozzarella (240 cal) and feta (60 cal). I sprinkle the top of mine with more garlic pepper, some times Italian herbs, so add desired seasoning to the top.


Cook for 20 minutes, or until done! Remove from the oven and cut into eight slices.


Total calories 1306. Calories per slice 163.


On to Photo A Day - Fun!


You know that mundane hour drive home from work that you dread? I don't. Cause I have this.



My 2010 Camaro, Daisy, will all kinds of neat little modifications that I have added over the last two years. I look forward to driving, in fact it's probably my favorite pass time. And because of Ms. Daisy I have met lots of cool people all over the United State though the Camaro5 community, and our local chapter the H-Town Camaro Club. A fitness addict and a gear head? Yup, that is me!


Well on a sad Fur-baby update: Jasper has an infection, and since he has feline leukemia he can't fight it adequately. So the fiance is taking him to the vet first thing in the morning. He isn't eating and since eating is his favorite thing, we know something is wrong. So pray for my chunky monkey.

Lastly, I'm attaching a video I got in my inbox today that just floored me. It truly shows the power of exercise and makes you realize how much you take for granted. 


-Live, Love, and Lift!

Kiwi, Sick Jasper, and Me

For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures and story - email me at: kiwiandmefit@gmail.com


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...