Monday, February 24, 2014

Crossfit Open 2014

So ladies and gents, lets be real...



We have roughly 3 days until the Crossfit Games Open begins and the first workout is posted. I know a lot of people are still debating if they should put themselves out there and register or not. Last year I didn't register because I was new and super intimidated. I was thinking - "No way I can do this", "People are going to think I'm weak", and lastly "I don't want to kill myself."



A lot has changed since then... I'm stronger, more confident, and this year I'm looking forward to getting my ass kicked in the Open. I still can barely do a pull up, my double unders aren't consistent, and burpees still make me want to puke sometimes... But that doesn't matter. 

The Open isn't just for those hardcore Crossfitters hoping for a spot at Regionals, or those headed straight for the Games. The Open is for EVERYONE.

You heard me, EVERYONE.

It doesn't matter if you just started Crossfit or if you've been at it for years. It doesn't matter if you can't lift as much as you want, or you don't finish wods as fast as others.

What matters is you. This is your time to see what you are really made of! 



The Open is a way to push yourself and test your limits. To see what you can and can't do. Its a way to benchmark yourself - you can compare your performance against other years that you have registered. 

If you do one more rep than you anticipated - you come out a winner. If you happen to PR a lift in the middle of the Open - you come out a winner. If you finally get that pull up or double under - you come out a winner. If you have a blast and become closer with your box buds - you come out a winner.



You aren't competing against everyone.... As always, you are competing against you. Don't worry about who is watching you, what others are doing, or what others may think. They don't matter. This is your journey... Focus on you. Focus on doing your best. 

If you do good and get into Regionals, SWEET. But that isn't what really matters... Just go out there, have fun, push yourself, do your best and you will come out on top!



You still have time to sign up. Just do it.

Question:
What is your favorite protein bar?
Are you registered for the Open?

Eat clean, train mean, && inspire others!
-Jaren
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...