Thursday, June 7, 2012

Run Baby, Run!

Good evening! Its a stormy afternoon here in Texas, and I couldn't be happier! I love the lightening and thunder. {I just don't like my clean car getting dirty, boo.} 


While I watch the fiance cook dinner, I swear my parents are never going to let him leave, I decided I would talk a little about running. Yesterday was National Running day and while I'm not a runner the fiance is. He picked up running as soon as he knew it was the best way to be prepared for his PT test, and to build endurance for the academy. He has been working to beat and do better than the required 13.33 mile and a half run that must be performed during his PT test.  


When he started running his first time was just a little over 14 seconds, and he knew he would have to try harder and incorporate sprints into his exercise to bring his time down. Yesterday I got this text message.






He ran a mile and a half in 12 seconds flat. Who was proud and excited? This girl. He told me that is all that matters, that I'm proud of him. I could be kind of a drill sergeant when his numbers weren't changing fast enough, it is the Jillian Michaels in me. The fiance's favorite running song is Super Massive Black Hole by Muse. I know its not the olympic record for running but for a guy who didn't do much exercising till he met me, that is pretty good!


As for me, like I said, I couldn't run more than 15 minutes to save my life. But I can lift weights and do cardio till the cows come home. During the winter I can build that number up to thirty minutes sometimes, but as soon as summer hits I quit exercising outside and it goes away. Running just isn't my thing. To each his own, and I have mad respect for those who can go out and run 5 to 10 miles a day. It is a great way to get in shape and improve your health. So if you didn't get your National Running Day run in yesterday, get it in today - there is still some daylight left! 


Holy moly, what ever the fiance is cooking smells divine, he wont let me into the kitchen - he likes to surprise me with his talents often.




Yesterday, I got to go out to lunch with my friend and enjoyed some AMAZING sushi. I'm an addict! Then I came home and we cooked pulled beef sandwiches, roasted diced sweet potatoes, and cucumber salad. Lots of good eats lately! 




As for Ms. Kiwi {she is curled up in my lap, like usual when I write my posts}, the fiance snapped a picture of her being a stinker during my workout so I thought I would share. Such a brat. Please excuse my lack of cool workout clothes. 




Question: 


Do you enjoy running?


And if not, what is your favorite workout?


Live, Love, and Lift!


-Kiwi and Me


For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures and story - email me at: kiwiandmefit(at)gmail(dot)com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...