Sunday, December 30, 2012

Drinking the Koolaid

Good evening my lovelies!

Christmas has come and gone and we are standing at 2013's door! Holy cow where did the year go? I blinked and it was gone. Friends, fun, love, wedding, hard work, and good memories made up a great year but it is time to look forward.


January is that time of year where people think about change. They set goals, make promises, make commitments... To better themselves, to better their health... Sometimes for their own benefit and sometimes for their loved ones. 

So what are your goals for 2013? To quit smoking? To quit drinking? To eat cleaner? To lose weight? To get a better job? To find love?

As for me, I have started a new journey of my own in November. I drank the koolaid and started crossfit. Yup, I did. I have been at it for a month now and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I signed up for 6 months {which I will definitely be extending}. I have never been so humbled or sore. Seriously for a week sneezing and laughing was akin to torture. I thought I was in good shape, I thought I was strong... SIKE. I go to the 5am class so my workouts are out of the way and after work I have the rest of the day to play! Everyone in my class is so nice, supportive and humble. Even though who have been at it for years and are waaaay stronger than me. There is nothing like struggling through a workout and having a room full of people cheering you on!




In the short time that I've been going I have seen lots of changes in my body. I've noticed more definition in my legs, in my arms and definitely in my back. My midsection has leaned out. I have noticed more of a change in a month than I  ever did when I was actively doing Insanity or P90X {which are AWESOME programs}. I am not as strong in my arms and I am in my legs but I'm progressing. I did set two PRs for myself though; 105lb front squat and 140lb back squat.

{little ol' me in the background there}

And I got these bad boys for Christmas {THANKS MOM}! Reebok Nanos 2.0. I absolutely love them! They are light, and comfortable. They do run a little on the small side so you may want to add a half size to what you normally wear. But I highly recommend them to all you crossfitters out there!


So question of the day:
What are your goals?
Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you will be working toward this new year! 

Everyone please stay safe! Have fun, but be responsible!

Eat clean, train mean, and inspire others!
-Jaren

Quote I saw this week that loved.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say, 'I have used everything you gave me.'"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...