Monday, June 17, 2013

MIMM #9 June beginnings...

Good afternoon my lovelies! Its Monday – BOO, and the sun is shining – YAY! So I guess I can’t complain too much! Sorry for the hiatus (Granny I’ll try to post faster I swear), but I got sick then the hubby got sick so you know how that goes. Fun stuff.

Since it's Monday, I thought we would talk about all the marvelous things that I've been up to this past weekend!

First, I got a sweet package in the mail from my friend who teaches an indoor/outdoor cross training program that was created with women in mind called the Brawlin’ Betties Frit Camp! Can’t wait to wear my shirt and to represent! If you are in the Killeen, Texas area check them out or check them out on Facebook!


My family came into town (missed them BUNCHES) so I made some more of The Lean Green Beans Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies. In fact I made a double batch, and they lasted a day. ONE DAY. Obviously they were a hit.


Saturday was a blast! I love when you have an all-over MARVELOUSLY AWESOME day. Woke up and went to CrossFit PRx for a fundraiser. Houston recently lost 4 fire fighters in a terrible fire on May 31st; it was a very sad day. So Saturday the husband, my family and I loaded up and went to show our support for the HFD Fundraiser. It was 100 degrees outside so I didn’t participate (I don’t tolerate heat very well, or at all in fact and I didn’t want to spend the rest of the day with a migraine puking all over the place). They had a team wod (5-Alarm Fire: 5 Rounds – 41 DU’s, 35 Box jumps, 29 KBS, and 24 Wall balls), as well as a team firefighter wod. One of the firefighters did 5 minutes of burpees in full gear, such mad props to him! No way I could do that. I did however get the chance to help with the Kids Wod and that was a blast! Some of those kids meant serious business and didn’t care about coming in last place so long as they completed. Over all we were able to raise over four thousand dollars to donate to the 100 Club which supports local law enforcement and firefighters. And that’s what I love about the CrossFit community, dozens of people coming together to get their butt kicked in the miserable heat for a good cause. (More pics here.)


Later in the afternoon, hubby and I went out on a date! First stop Jerry’s Built Burgers for dinner! I got a fruit cup, my burger bunless, and the sweet potato crinkle fries! (No way I can resist them, they are like heaven in my mouth) And we rounded off the day with Man of Steel in the mega theatre. Probably my favorite movie so far this year! I’ve always been a huge Superman fan, and I was no disappointed with this one. It had a lot of Christianity references which some people are having problems with according to news media, but I found it awesome! Isn’t the hubby just cute as can be?



Tried a new recipe this weekend as well! What Runs Lori’s Paleasagna. It was delicious! I felt like I could have done a better job seasoning it, and I added spinach to the recipe but it was awesome and I plan on making this again and again! When Dad and Hubby are happy you know its good.



Since I have been asked this a few times this weekend, no I do not follow strict Paleo. I do cook a lot of their recipes, but I believe in (almost) all things in moderation (meat, fruit, dairy, nuts, grains, fats, ect.) I don’t eat a lot of grains except for Ezekiel bread, brown rice, and quinoa which is technically a seed. I don’t eat anything “white” except for cauliflower. I’m just an eat clean (little to no processed foods) kind of girl.


Questions: What is your favorite benchmark or hero wod?

What’s your favorite Paleo recipe or blog?

Eat clean, train mean, and inspire others!
-Jaren
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...