Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Want to Try That Thursday

I thought today I would share of the recipes I have seen on other blogs that have mine and the hubby drooling. If you start seeing a trend, I would like to say that while it was not my intention to pic mostly recipes with sweet potatoes… I’m just obsessed. I need help. 

First off, because I would die without brownies in my life, Sweet Potato Brownies from Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean! Don’t those babies look moist and delicious? Serve with a little low fat ice cream and I’d say instant win! 


Second and third come from Jenn at Peas and Crayons. She cracks me up all the time. 

Homestyle Macaroni Salad – add some boiled eggs in there… Oh yeah. Are you drooling yet? Make this as a side dish to some BBQ’d chicken… America. That’s all. 


Next, Savory Sweet Potato Cassarole. If you haven’t had the awesomeness that is sweet potato, black beans and salsa combined in awesomeness in your face… Well you just aren’t living. This recipe is so easy and versatile! 


Lastly, Sweet Potato “Noodles” with Creamy Miso Dressing and Salmon from Meg at A Dash of Meg. Easy, healthy, and delicious!


As for the life of me, trying to get things set up for my last semester of college and it has been a complete nightmare. They only offer the class on Monday mornings, its mandatory to graduate, and impossible for my schedule because I work your typical M-F schedule. My advisors words were and I quote, “It looks to me like you have 2 options: quit your job so you can take the class or change your major.” Yes I have one class left, let me just switch my major! SO MAD. So I’m trying to find out my other options and so far no response. I need a margarita. Or a few. 

The WOD from this morning, as Thursdays is sort of the easy day and most people skip. Today was not easy. Those squats almost killed me. Good lord, my thighs were not happy after 45 of those at 85lbs. Yesterday and today's WOD have me pretty darn sore after a week of vacation. Walking like a Granny over here! 


You know those cravings we women get? I swear something is wrong with me, as I usually don’t have many cravings. Earlier this week it was dark chocolate, so I bought a bag of those Dove dark chocolate squares. Hit the spot! {Not the whole bag, I still have about half left after I hid them from my husband} Today its Starbucks… So off I went for a tall Iced Skinny Carmel Macchiato. NECTAR FROM HEAVEN. Day is made. 

Sometimes being married to my hubby is like having your own personal chef but better. He is a great cook and loves doing it... Doesn't hurt that he is cute and all mine. So earlier today I sent the hubby a text of a new Skinny Taste recipe and I came home to find the kitchen in full swing! Jalapeno Shrimp Cakes, spinach and cheese stuffed portabellos, and mashed potatoes! Holy wow! This girl is stuffed!


Questions: Have you had any strange cravings lately? 
What new recipe do you want to try?

Eat clean, train mean, and inspire others!
-Jaren
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...