Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up and a Recipe!

NOOOO! It can’t be Monday already, I’m not ready! I guess I can’t complain too much since it’s only a four day work week, which is pretty much a win.

Anyways, on this hot sunny Monday I thought I would just give you guys a little recap of my weekend!


I pretty much had the house to myself most of the weekend since the hubby had to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Boo.

Friday night the hubby made homemade Cajun Crawfish and Veggie pizza and we lounged on the couch and watched OZ. It was good but not one I’ll probably rewatch over and over. But I did really like the monkey!



Saturday morning I wanted to sleep in but that didn’t happen thanks to this little lady.

Such a hard life...

So I cooked myself breakfast and opted for some more yoga. Yoga is really growing on me lately. Weird.


Painted my nails!


When the hubby got home we gave the pretty lady a bath, I may or may not have stood under the water hose like a 5 year old since it was over a hundred degrees outside.


Then we headed off to the Bayou City Muscle Car meet. Dinner, froyo, and a whole lot of horse power.


Then one of my friends brought up my handstand photos so of course I had to demonstrate my mad skills.


Sunday I was a perfect mix of productive and lazy, if that’s even possible. Went to lunch with my sister, went grocery shopping for the week, and then cleaned the house only to turn around and nap the afternoon away!

But since I couldn’t let the hubby think I was laying around all day (even if I kind of was) I got up and ran sprints!

Proverbs 31:25

And cooked him dinner. I love Iowa Girl Eats Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet and have been craving it but I wanted to make it without pasta and more veggies! And voila!


Creamy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Skillet

2 tsp of olive oil
4 oz of half and half (I used organic)
1c of chicken broth
1 can of rotel drained
1/2c of onion
2-4 garlic cloves (or more)
3-4c of broccoli
2-3c of spinach
2c of chopped mushrooms
1pkg of chicken sausage
garlic pepper
1/2pkg Italian dressing seasoning

Add olive oil, onions and garlic and cook until the onions are clear.

Add chicken broth, rotel and sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.

Add half and half, broccoli, mushrooms, seasonings and cook until the broccoli is done.

Add spinach and cook until done.

Makes about 4-6 servings.

You can put a little parmesan or goat cheese shavings on top, YUM!

Today my sister Candace from Salt Water Quilts is coming to stay the week! HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! And bringing my favorite kiddos in tow for the holidays. Who knows what kind of shenanigans we will get into this week!


Question: What did you do this weekend?
How do you plan to spend your 4th of July?

Eat clean, train mean, and inspire others!
-Jaren

Ps. New banner! How do you like it?

Pss. Remember you can follow me on Facebook or Instagram, just click the icons in the top right corner. And I will love you just a little more than I already do.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...