Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday Motivation and Interval Training

Good evening my friends! The weekend is upon us! Today was one of those random days that the stars aligned and I got to go spend two hours at the gym, free time that I had between two appointments in town. I did thirty minutes of interval training, twenty minutes of interval training on the elliptical, and then supersets. I left literally exhausted. I knew I had royally kicked my own butt. Problem - I have night class, so now I'm falling asleep in class! Low carb Monster please save me. I can honestly say I've almost dozed off twice. My bad! 


So I thought I would post the interval training workout I got from a dear friend! Where said individual got it, I have no clue! So point is, I didn't come up with it!  But this interval training is GREAT for your legs and butt! Enjoy!


Kick Butt Treadmill Interval Workout


Warm up walking for 5 minutes.

Incline 1 - Speed 2.2 - Lunge - 2 minutes
Incline 1 - Speed 6.5 - Sprint - 1 minute
Incline 1 - Speed 2.2 - Lunge - 2 minutes
Incline 1 - Speed 6.5 - Sprint - 1 minute
Incline 1 - Speed 1.8 - Walking squats to right - 2 minutes
Incline 1 - Speed 6.5 - Sprint - 1 minute
Incline 1 - Speed 1.8 - Walking squats to left - 2 minutes
Incline 1 - Speed 6.5 - Sprint - 1 minute

And repeat. Sometimes I do two reps. Sometimes I do four. Two reps takes about 30 minutes, so the full four would take roughly an hour! And for some extra UMPH you can bump the incline up on every rep of you want. That really burns your tush! And if people look at you funny for doing squats on the treadmill at the gym, just smile and ignore. I got a few looks like what is that girl doing today. I'm busting my butt, yeah I look weird. 


Live, Love and Lift!


-Kiwi and Me


For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your story - email me at: kiwiandmefit@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...