Saturday, July 21, 2012

Back from the Dead

Good evening my dears! I'm terribly sorry for abandoning you for nearly a week, but such is life. After my MIMM post on Monday, I started working on my post for Tuesday which I had planned on finishing Tuesday night.


Tuesday we had a family interview for the fiance's State Trooper process, which I think went pretty well. I learned a lot, and I feel a little better about him potentially taking on that role. But not soon after they left, I got sick sick sick. I immediately went to bed. Wednesday I got up, suffered through work, came promptly home and went back to bed. This was Thursdays process as well, except by Thursday evening I started feeling pretty human again.



I think it was partly due to stress, so Friday I took a pamper day and just focused on me. I got up early, went to the gym for some cardio, got a massage and a hair cut! I was feeling pretty much like a million bucks. Then Logann decided to come home last minute, and Candace's air conditioning broke so all of our whole family is sleeping under one roof. This hasn't happened since 2006. But it is SO MUCH FUN.




Today has been nothing but relaxing; Logann and Candace sewing, shopping, napping... Well I did get in a workout, Total Body Sculpt with Gilad! Tonight we are cooking up Skinny Taste Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle mayo and avocados, sweet potato fries, and home made cole slaw. Dinner on the patio with a few beers and wine, couldn't get any better.



On the subject of my Camaro - this has not been her week. Monday she almost flooded but water did get in the floor boards so she will be headed to get a good steam cleaning. If this doesn't help then I'll be calling insurance to get a new interior. Even though I just forked out to get the windshield replaced. And to top it all off, the poor girl just rolled 50,000 miles... She is getting so old. Kidding, but seriously...


So Survive on $35; apparently during my down time there was a lot of twitter and blog negative back lash to Lindsay's idea. Personally, I think it is GREAT. One of the biggest complaints I hear from people when I talk about my healthy lifestyle is that its too expensive. The fiance sometimes offers to stock his mother's pantry for a week and we follow the same guidelines. We make a list with a small budget, go to the store with a calculator and try to leave with nothing unhealthy except for maybe ice cream. It is a good challenge to teach people that it can be done, I don't believe it was ever her intention to make light of those in low income families. I think it is good to teach people to budget, to be aware of portion sizes and costs, and to be creative! Haters are going to hate; but I think Survive on $35 is great!


So this week, you'll be hearing a lot about Lara Bar; I'll be posting the review and a giveaway that was supposed to be on the blog this week before I got sick. So check back Tuesday!


Question:
What is your favorite wine?
What fun things are going on in your life this weekend?


Eat clean, train hard, & inspire others!
Kiwi && Me

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is super cute!! Glad you had a pamper day and are feeling better!!
    <3 Sam
    Www.loosingweightgaininglife.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...