Monday, July 2, 2012

Marvelous in My Monday #4

Marvelous in My Monday is a link up party started by the wonderful Katie over at Healthy Diva Eats. You just post about marvelous things that have happened to you over the week. 




What a busy weekend! Aren't weekends supposed to be refreshing? I'm ready to crawl in bed and sleep for a few days! Too much fun for one weekend, and with the Fourth of July right around the corner, looks like this week will be interesting! Lets talk about the many MARVELOUS things went on in my world this past weekend, shall we?

KICK BUTT WORKOUTS: Saturday Morning I woke up early and took both of my sisters to the gym with me! We all live healthy lifestyles and enjoy our own kinds of workouts, but sometimes its just nice to go together! I did 30 minutes of interval training adapted from this post, 10 minutes of rowing, 75 second plank and then walked another 10 minutes on the treadmill while stretching.  



GAVE COFFEE ANOTHER SHOT: After Logann and I dropped Candace off at her house, we stopped by Starbucks for a post workout treat! Iced Skinny Carmel Macchiato. I generally hate any mixture of coffee but it was love at first sip! Maybe reading about all these Starbucks obsessed bloggers has rewired my brain.



RECIPES: I spent most of my Saturday evening making salsa for a pre-birthday dinner snack for my Dad! Also borrowed some of Logann's fabric to take some pretty cool pictures. You can find those recipes here. I got ahead on my blogging, for once, and spent some of my evening blogging in my own little world.



SISTERS: Logann came into town from Austin for Dad's birthday and wanted Candace's help in making some pillows. Candace needed some pictures to use for her blog so since I'm the go to camera girl in the family I helped out. Anytime the three of us are involved with a camera it turns into a giggle fest. You can read Candace's weekend post, Sister Sewing 101, here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD: We celebrated Dad's birthday with a home cooked {healthier} southern meal! BBQ'd chicken, cole slaw, asparagus, mashed sweet potatoes, black baked beans, and of course - ice cream and cake! My Dad is addicted to music, he looks like something right out of Lonesome Dove and yet on any given day his iPod will shuffle between old ranch music like R.W. Hampton to Green Day to Muse to French Techno to Miranda Lambert to Ray Lamontagne to Garbage and then to surf music. Complex man. So my gift of iTunes is always a hit with him!



CARS && COFFEE: The first Sunday of every month my local car club gets together for a Cars & Coffee. I started the morning with Jamba Juice then went back for Starbucks. Afterwards we had a surprise birthday party for a camaro friend, so hours of fun with friends was had!




NAIL POLISH ADDICT: When I came home I found this waiting on me courtesy of my mother. Essie Borrowed & Blue! I {LOVE} IT! Think I found my wedding color!



Commercial Break Workout: While watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss addition, I thought I would do my Biggest Loser tradition with this show too - commercial break workouts. This is the one I came up with last night. I repeated it every commercial break and by the end I was definitely feeling it and struggling!




GIVEAWAYS: Last night I found out I won a give away from Anna at Fit From the Inside out! Check out her blog, she is very sweet! I'll definitely post up when I get my goodies!


YOGA {AGAIN}: I ended Sunday night with some Bob Harper Yoga; like i said, it's growing on me. I put my mat down and put the DVD in. When I turned around I found that the kitties had taken over my mat. I think I need to buy another.


Question:
What marvelous thing happened to you this weekend?
What are your Fourth of July plans?


Eat clean, Train hard, & Inspire others!
-Kiwi and Me


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...