Saturday, March 10, 2012

A little evening accountability...



I'd like to take a second to point out the first three letters of the word diet: die. Okay too morbid. Sorry. But in general diets aren't healthy or maintainable. People give it a try, it's hard to maintain without going NUTS, and then they give up and put the weight back on. When it comes to stuffing our face or lack of, a good method is to eat healthy and to calculate the numbers of calories needed on a daily basis. There are websites like TeamBeachBody and MyFitnessPal that have places for you to input body weight, height, age, and level of activity and provide daily caloric goals. Just keep in mind that a healthy weight loss is no more than two pounds a week, because some calculators will ask desired weight loss instead of or in conjunction to activity. Now for what to eat. Lean proteins, veggies, fruit, and complex carbs (whole wheat, brown rice, etc.). I try to eat most of my carbs before lunch, so that way your body has more time to put them to good use. As for what not to eat. Processed foods, which is super hard in this day and age. But I really try to eat as little as possible. I also try to avoid fast food, but even I am human (a shocker I know) and sometimes grab a fast bite. Just be sure you find somewhere with healthy options like Subway and Chick-Fil-A. And who can resist an occasional Chick-Fil-A kids ice cream cone?! Not me. I crave them all the time, it is terrible. So now a look into the day of me.


Today:


Breakfast - Ezekiel Bread English muffin with peanut butter. For those who don't know what Ezekiel Bread is, its bread made from sprouts and it's awesome. It is usually found in the freezer section.


Snack: 3/4c Cheerios with Plum-amazins


Lunch: Subway - 6in foot long on wheat, turkey, American cheese, lettuce, onion, black olives, pickles a TINY bit of light mayo, and pepper. And 100cal worth of rice cakes. I ate lunch a little late today because work got nuts so I didn't get to eat another snack.


Next meal: SkinnyTaste.com's Shrimp Creole. 116 calories a serving. I service it over brown rice so add those calories as well. DE-LICIOUS. The recipe calls for hot sauce so I put 3 normal spoons and smart ol' me thought, "This isn't hot enough". So I added one teaspoon of habanero hot sauce. MOUTH ON FIREEEE. But still delicious. (Photo courtesy of Skinny Taste as well, woman is a GENIUS).




As for my next meal: strawberries and a roll up (piece of sandwich meat with a thin spread of low fat cream cheese on it). And I'll eat this after my workout but before bed.


I hope seeing what I eat will help others make more educated food choices. It's definitely a never ending learning process and there is always room for improvement. I am in no way a dietician or a health professional; I just know what I have learned in my journey.


Anyways Kiwi says, "Moooooooom, hurry up and work out so we can go to bed!" You can also see Pookey (yes Pookey, all my cats have random names) and Jasper my chunky-monkey-orange-stinker in the back.




Goodnight all!


Live, Love, and Lift!


-Kiwi and Me


For questions, tips, or blog suggestions please email me at kiwiandmefit@gmail.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...