Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday, a day of... Prep?

Good evening my friends! I am ALIVE! I am feeling much better, still sound like a frog but oh well. Can't complain! I have a great little post for you today all about thinking ahead and setting yourself up for SUCCESS! Sunday is a day of rest where we prep ourselves for the week ahead. I hear people say all the time that they have trouble eating well during the week cause they don't have time after work to make something for the next day. Well here is your solution. Yes, I have lots of those. 


Plan ahead. Sit down on Sunday and plan your week, as well as you can. If you do have time during the week to cook meals, plan what you will make for your healthy dinners, and make a little extra to use for lunch the next day. Or another option is you can make a big serving of one meal on Sundays and portion it out for the rest of the week. For example, I made Skinny Taste Turkey Taco Chili Soup for dinner tonight, and holy moly I put too much cayenne pepper. I cooked extra and portioned it out in single servings to take for lunch during the week. Easy. 1 hour of prep to stay on track for the rest of the week. 1 hour is 4% of your day, crazy huh? You can also plan our your breakfast meals for the week. I put a Ezekiel English Muffin in zip lock bag that I grab with my lunch. I keep a jar of peanut butter in my desk and eat it when I get to work. Or whatever works for you. Buy a thing of bananas and yogurt (a low calorie/sugar kind-and preferably organic) and grab it on the way out. I even put my vitamins in zip lock bags for the week. I get up, I grab my zip lock of vitamins, my zip lock of Ezekiel bread, my lunch and run out the door. Easy. I'm set for the day and there is no room to stray. It also makes calorie counting easy.  I hope this helps and gives you some ideas on how to plan your meals for the week. I go into everything with a plan.


KIWI! She has been strangely cuddly today. It kind of freaked me out. I even thought, what if she is like that cat at that one hospital that can tell when people are dying... Is that why she is following me?! I'm crazy I know. But its been nice to see her in a good mood. 


On a positive note, I am in that last five to ten pounds, almost into vanity pounds, so I haven't been weighing as often because like I have said before it can be discouraging. Well I weighed myself today for the first time in a month and I've lost two pounds. Feeling like a boss. 


So your homework, sit down and make a plan for your week. It will save you time and help you stay on track as well as keep you from making less than favorable decisions as to your diet. 


Live, Love, and Lift!


-Kiwi and Me!


For questions, tips, or blog suggestions please email me at kiwiandmefit@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...