Monday, March 19, 2012

No Excuse

I hear it so often, I was at work late or I had to stay in a hotel last night and I couldn't work out. WRONG. You can work out anywhere, it just takes a little creativity my friends!


When I go out of town I take my set of resistance bands if I know the hotel I'm staying at doesn't have a gym so that way I can still get a quick work out in before I go out.


I stumbled today over this article about an anywhere workout and I thought it tied in perfectly with today's post! The good people over at FitnessRX posted a video with the help of those lovely ladies over at Bombshell Fitness of a quick workout you can do anywhere and still stay on track to see those great results no matter where you are. All you need is a chair. Yes just a chair, simple as that my friends.


Move One: Push ups - put your arms on the seat of the chair and extend your legs outward in normal push up stance. Bring your chest all the way down to the chair and push all the way back up.


Move Two: Chair dips - Put your arms on the seat of the chair and lower your body down, be sure to keep your arms close to your side and you'll be sure to feel the burn in the back of your arms.



Move Three: Kick Backs - Place both arms on the back of the chair and with one leg kick all the way  back. Be sure to keep your abs pulled in tight and to feel the squeeze in your bum.





Move Four: One Legged Squats -  In the lunge position, rest one leg on the seat of the chair. Keep your torso straight and your core engaged and lower your body down keeping the weight of your body in your front heel. Be sure to watch your form and keep your knee from going over your toes.




Move Five: In and Outs - This last move is for your abs. Sit on the edge of your chair and bring your abs into your chest then back out. Be sure you don't cheat and use your arms!

Do three to four sets of each move and voila! You're done! You've gotten a full all over body workout from the convenience of anywhere! So no more excuses my friends! If there is a will, there is a way! Stay focused on your goals and you'll get there!


Live, Love, and Lift!


-Kiwi and Me


For questions, tips, or blog suggestions please email me at kiwiandmefit@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. :) The first thing I packed for my trip out of town this week was my work out gear! Bands, Weights, Mat, DVD's, and yoga block! NO EXCUSES! I'm going to do my workout regardless of where I'm laying my head at night!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...