Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tonights motivation

I've been thinking a lot about motivation lately and when I ran across a blog about it on FitnessRX I thought I would share the things that motivate me to eat healthy and stay fit. I'm not striving to be a rail thin model, I had to face that with my body that will never happen a long time ago. I just don't have the body type for it. I just want to be in shape and strong. If you haven't heard already, strong is the new skinny. 


1. Don't you just feel better eating clean and working out? If under some bizarre situation I end up having to eat something unhealthy I feel horrible afterwards. I don't feel bad for eating it, okay sometimes I do. It makes me feel sluggish, puffy, and it usually comes back to bite me in the you know what later.


2. Vanity. Everyone wants to feel pretty or hot, whichever word you prefer. I want my soon to be husband to drool when he sees me, and be proud to show me off. Is that wrong of me? But part of this comes with confidence which only comes from learning to love yourself.


3. I want to live FOREVER. Okay, maybe just a long long time. I have an insane fear of needles and doctors, and if eating clean and staying fit can help keep me out of the doctors office then I'm in. It can also increase brain function and help with memory.


4. Stress. I stress like no other! I get it from my sister and my father, we are worry warts. Working out helps me focus, gives me time to think through things worrying me, and off sets the effects of stress. I have less tension headaches when I workout, which keeps me away from Massage Envy and helps my wallet.


Whatever motivates you, focus on those reasons when you want to give up or you face a hard decision that could derail your progress. You are working towards a goal, it takes time, and it takes dedication. Eat clean, train mean, get lean. You can do this.


As for Ms. Kiwi, she is currently lying on my back as I post (I'm laying on the floor). She doesn't seem very interested in what I have to post but then again she only seems interested in food and affection.


As for my accountability today, for my workout I did Insanity - Cardio Power and Resistance. I felt like I really pushed through today and it felt great! I kicked those walking push ups in the butt.


Breakfast - Ezekiel bread English muffin with peanut butter
Snack - Apple sauce with 6 rice cakes
Lunch - 6in turkey sandwich from Subway
Snack - Kashi bar - Dark Almond Mocha
Dinner - Skinny Taste Turkey Taco Chili Soup
After workout - 1 cup of milk and a few almonds


Live, Love, and Lift.


-Kiwi and Me.


For questions, tips, or blog suggestions please email me at kiwiandmefit@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...