Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Hot Day in Texas

Good evening from roasty humid Texas! I love where I live, but I dread when the heat of the summer kicks in. Just trying to readjust. They said this week we will be 100+. Not excited, at all.


I woke up early this morning, even though I had planned on sleeping in. I started my day with some Tazo Passion Tea, so refreshing. I might be a little obsessed with this tea. 




My mother left for Connecticut today, so I made her breakfast as she got ready. Scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, feta, and crumbled black bean burgers with toast. My dad put his in tortillas with salsa! {Served on Dad's favorite John Deere plate.}




After we dropped my mother off, Dad and I went to Red Lobster for lunch. I got the chicken, shrimp and scallops from the grill. I ate all the shrimp, scallops, and broccoli and packed up the chicken and rice to go. I might have had more cheddar biscuits then I should have but I couldn't resist. I was weak.




When we got home I decided a short nap was in order, and instead of sleeping thirty minutes I slept two hours. Like the dead. I made my way out to the barn to help my dad continue building the loft. Super super hot. I could just be standing there and pouring sweat. Then I mentioned to my dad that I wanted a weighted bar to use for deadlifts and squats, to which he responded with, "Like that one?" He made his own, and while it looks like something off of There I Fixed It, it works and it is a good 20-30lbs. 




So while he was cutting the pieces of wood we needed I was doing squats, dead lifts, and running the stairs. Boy was it hot! When we came inside we were so hot that we just had watermelon for dinner while I was forced to watch another western we watched Open Range. Now I'm just waiting on my stomach to work out. 




A fact about me, I love storms. All kinds, including hurricanes. I don't love the pain people have to go through because of it, but I'm just fascinated by the power of nature. When they said Tropical Storm Debby was headed to Texas, I was pretty excited. Now they are saying it will stay east of here {and dry us out even more-yay}, so prayers to those who will be effected. 




Question:
Have you ever improvised to get a workout in?
Do you love or hate storms?


Live, Love, and Lift!
-Kiwi and Me


For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures and story - email me at: kiwiandmefit(at)gmail(dot)com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...