Saturday, June 30, 2012

Foodie Penpals #2


Last month I joined a monthly program called Foodie Penpals. Foodie Penpals was started by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean in September 2011. The group of participants has grown from 30 to way over 600! There are participants in the United States, Canada, and now even over in the UK!


This month I was assigned to send a box to Heather at GirliChef! I sent her homemade cookies, granola bars, and our family's steak rub recipe. Head over to her blog to see how she liked it! {Also her pictures are just amazing!}


My package this month is from Becky! She sent me all kinds of little goodies to try out!





She sent me locally made products as well as some "basics"! I couldn't agree more - chocolate is a must have. Her package included cherry pie filling, organic grits, capers, Lemon Ginger Honey, Pumpkin Butter and Hershey's Dark Chocolate Pieces! She also sent a very lovely card





Though I am saving the cherry pie filling for a rainy day, the rest has been devoured! In my house, good food doesn't last! The pumpkin butter and honey have been used to top ezekiel bread for breakfast! The grits... Well this southern girl LOVES grits! With some turkey bacon - holy cow! Happy as a jay bird! We tossed the capers in some pasta that the fiance made the other night! And I've been mixing the dark chocolate pieces with my almonds for a snack {or to top my icecream}!


Foodie penpals has been great so far - even though its my second month! My Dad and fiance sit there waiting to open to box to see what goodies they can run off with! So its really fun for the whole household! 


Question:
What would you use the contents of my package for?
Are you a foodie penpal? What great things did you get?


Live, Love, and Lift!
-Kiwi and Me










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...