Saturday, June 2, 2012

What A Week


This week has been a busy one for me! Lots of writing posts, cooking and trying to get other stuff done. But I can’t complain because I have done a lot of fun stuff this week as well.


Wednesday, I woke up early and while I was posting my WIAW post (and farting around on twitter), the fiancé cooked me pancakes! He used Skinny Taste’s Whole Wheat Pancake recipe and added strawberries! So good! One problem… He made wayyyyyy too many. [no we didn't eat them all ourselves]


After filling my tummy with pancakes, we got dressed and headed out to register for our wedding! Which was just crazy, cause it was like "this is really happening, this is real". After five years, we are really getting married, and its only four months away. (I don’t want to think about it – too much to do). Our first stop was Macy’s. We got most of our kitchen stuff registered there. The fiancé and I made a deal, he picks kitchen stuff (except color) and I pick bedroom stuff. I say that’s a win.

After that, we went to all the jewelry stores in the mall looking for his wedding band and none of them carried it. I think we are going to have to order it. Then on our way out, I thought, what the heck! We dropped by the Apple store and bought this girl an iPad. I LOVE IT. Perfect for this blog and book reading addict. We finally got hungry and walked over to America’s, again my favorite! We started off with the soup of the day which was this corn based puree soup. I literally could have picked the bowl up with my hands and chugged it. The fiancé had similar thoughts. While he ordered a chicken salad sandwich, I got this amazing chicken dish with pineapple pico, quinoa, and asparagus. It was amazing. I tried to fit it all but I couldn’t.  America’s never fails to impress.


Next we registered at Bed Bath and Beyond, and the fiancé was in kitchen heaven.  I did find these cool pots I want though!


By then we were all registered out, and headed south to pick up my wedding dress. When I tried it on it was in this pretty off white color, but the color I ordered was white and I had yet to see the dress in that color. It is so pretty. They brought it out in a clear bag though and I was like “Uh…. My fiancé is in the car…” So I had to buy a white bag to put it in to take it home and keep it a mystery. I keep going in the guest closet to look at it. LOVE IT.


Well it’s exactly a week out till the fiancé’s Texas State Trooper PT Exam. They have to run a mile in less than 13.33, and do as many push ups and sit ups as they can. He is getting pretty nervous about his running time, and is trying to run every day to get his time down enough for the exam. Next week I’m going to roller skate while he runs (so I can keep up) and yell at him the whole time to try to motivate him to do better under stress. I’m sort of looking forward to this, in an evil way. So keep him in your prayers for a good time! To be a trooper is his dream, and I like seeing my guy happy. After his test he is going to start the Insanity program for a second time, so that he can be ready for their academy. I was reading on an officer’s forum that it is supposed to be harder than army training. I do not envy him, but he will come home in great shape – a plus for me!


Friday I went to a friend’s house to make my wedding invitations, what an amazing friend! After that we hit up a late dinner at PF Chang's (lettuce wraps for the win) and still had time to drop by the movies for a little Chris Hemsworth droolage in Snow White and the Huntsman. I really wanted to like that movie because I'm a die hard fairytale lover, but it was just so dark and it wasn't well written. It's DEFINITELY not a kids movie. 


I am so glad that it is the weekend. I have just been go go go. I haven’t been able to fit in any long workouts and that depresses me, so hopefully tomorrow things will slow down and I’ll be able to focus on getting some kick butt workouts in! 


I also have problems with acid reflux, and have really been struggling with that this week. I know I just have to be really diligent about eating small portions, one soda a day, lots of water, and keep it healthy. Eating at home isn't a problem, its when I go out with friends. I look for healthy options on the menu and still spend my whole night miserable. Stinks. Hopefully next week I will feel better!

Live, Love and Lift!

-Kiwi and Me

For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures or story - email me at: kiwiandmefit (at) gmail (dot) com!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...