Monday, June 11, 2012

Marvelous in my Monday #1

Marvelous in My Monday is a link up party started by the wonderful Katie over at Healthy Diva Eats. You just post about marvelous things that have happened to you over the week. And since I had a wonderful weekend at the Indy race, I have lots of marvelous things to talk about!

1. Texas Burger. There is a restaurant about an hour north of here in a little town called Madisonville called Texas Burger, and they serve, you guessed it, burgers. If you ever make it to Texas Burger, it will probably be in the top five, if not the best, burgers you have ever had. My Mom and I elected for their garden burger, which was DELICIOUS.


They also had Blue Bell Ice cream with waffle cones, so I was not leaving there without one since the only ice cream I usually eat is Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I got Tin Roof which is vanilla with chocolate swirls and peanuts covered in chocolate. It tasted like one of those Drum Sticks, TO DIE FOR. 


2. The Indy Race. I have to admit, I was terribly sad since Danica Patrick is no longer going to be running Indy cars, but as soon as I saw the stadium got some lovely Camaro and Corvette pace cars, I was pretty stoked.


















They start every race with a prayer, the Remax sky diving team brings the flags for the singing of the National Anthem, and then several jets fly over. Its pretty awesome. Then its start your engines and warm up laps! I can honestly say when they give those cars a green flag and they put the peddle down, the sound is so overwhelming it will make your hair stand on end! Its just such a cool feeling.

There were a few wrecks but everyone made it out okay. Justin Wilson won the race in the last lap, so that was pretty cool! Then we made our way down to the pits to watch them take apart the cars and load them into their trailers.






3. Healthy Snacking. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I packed lots of healthy snacks for my parents, Logann, and myself so we wouldn't have to buy stadium food. It was such a good idea. We just snacked our till our little hearts content on tortilla roll ups, baby carrots, broccoli, pretzel sticks, watermelon, beef jerky, apples with almond butter, and grapes! 


4. The fiance's PT test. I didn't sleep very well Friday night, and Saturday I checked my phone every 10 minutes waiting to hear back on how he did on his test. Finally around 11 am, he called with some EXCELLENT news, he ran his mile and a half in 12.32, and he did VERY WELL on his exams. I was so happy and proud of him. So Sunday night after we got back we went out for some sushi, which he loves, to celebrate!


That about wraps up the weekend! It was marvelous indeed! 


Question: What marvelous thing did you do or experience this weekend?

Live, Love, and Lift!
-Kiwi and Me

For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures and story - email me at: kiwiandmefit(at)gmail(dot)com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...