Monday, May 21, 2012

Its getting hot in here... And not in a good way!

Good evening from the lovely emerald coast! Today has been kind of a roller coaster. The fiance and I got up early, along with my little sister and mother to meet my older sister for a workout. We took the same three plus mile path as yesterday, except it was noticeably hotter this morning than before. We mixed it up with jogging, power walking, and sprinting. On the way back, I could tell something was not right. I have an intolerance to heat which can make exercising outside impossible for me at times, hence why working out in my living room with air conditioning is the majority of my routine.


By the time we got inside I walked straight to the bed and just laid down, my head was pounding like crazy and I felt like my skin was on fire. This is where my wonderful fiance swung into action. He ran me a cold bath, fixed me cold water, a cold Coke Zero, and some medicine. [Apparently Excedrin has been pulled from the stores for having pieces of other drugs in the bottles - not good for me since I'm out of my prescription headache medicine.] After about thirty minutes of cooling down, I was finally able to lay down and take a nap. This means that I missed family time on the beach. But by lunch I was back to one hundred percent. What would I do without him? 



This afternoon I purchased Bob Harper's new book The Skinny Rules. I'm only half way through Part One, but it has a lot of useful information for those trying to lose weight as well as those trying to maintain their weight. If you are looking to live a healthy life, pick up this book. It's an easy read, and it's funny. I like his rules, I won't ruin them all for you but I can definitely see the value in drinking a glass of water before every meal, as soon as you wake up in the morning, eating apples and berries every day, and incorporating more fish into your diet. I can just hear Bob speaking the words on the page and it cracks me up. Then I participated in FitFluential's Blue Diamond Almond chat on Twitter which was fun and informative! So I spent the majority of the evening on the patio watching the lightening on the beach, sipping a sangria, and reading. What more can a girl ask for?



My grandparents and my aunt came over for dinner to celebrate my sisters graduation from college. We had salad, pizza and cake. While I feel bad for eating all those calories, it was delicious! It was good to spend time with my family since we don't see each other that often.





All in all, it was a great day! I'm looking forward to beach time tomorrow and hopefully not having a repeat of this morning after my workout!

Live, Love, and Lift!

-Kiwi (still miss her) and Me

For tips, suggestions, questions, or if you just want to share your weight loss pictures and story - email me at:kiwiandmefit@gmail.com


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...